- Tour datesEvery Wednesday from 10 am or contact us for a different date
- Meeting point
- Duration3 hours
- Group size1-8 people or contact us for bigger groups
- Price45 EUR per person
- What’s included?Tickets for public transport and a coffee
- Discover one of the most unique features of Budapest’s public art scene: the mini statues
- Listen to interesting stories about guerilla-sculptor Mihály Kolodko and his artworks. Some mini statues hark back to staples of Hungarian media, while others commemorate great Hungarians of the past
- Enjoy the city vibes and feel like on a scavenger hunt. We will cover a significant part of Budapest’s downtown, following the path of the mini statues
- Get surprised by how much you can learn about Budapest’s history and culture throughout the background stories of the mini statues
Scattered around Budapest, Kolodko’s mini statues complete the existing “normal-sized” monuments with a visible pinch of irony. Some of them represent important figures in Hungarian history, others are just as cute as a cartooned rabbit.
Each artwork has its own meaning and background, making this tour of the mini statues a great way to learn about Budapest’s history, architecture, politics and society.
Although the mini statues are located mostly close to the main touristy sights of Budapest, they are not easy to find without a guide. First of all, they are really tiny(!), and secondly, they are well hidden in the urban design. Read more